Whether it is a multinational organization or a small-scale business, without call answering services the business might not operate the way it is supposed to. Currently, every type of medical professional is looking for different solutions to make their practice more efficient and minimize overhead costs.
As an Optometrist, your patients put a lot of trust in you, after all, the eye is one of the most crucial senses. Don’t you want your patients to feel as though they have your and your staff’s full attention when they are in your office? If so, you surely need a call answering service or virtual assistant. Before choosing the best services, it is important to understand the nuances of call answering services.
What are the benefits of the call answering services of optometrists?
The use of medical answering services as a cost-saving measure is growing in popularity. It enables experts to answer incoming calls during regular business hours with less reliance on internal workers. Additionally, it eliminates the need to pay overtime or engage additional receptionists to answer the phone on weekends, holidays, and other late-night hours. By outsourcing these duties, it’s possible to get call answering services around-the-clock while just incurring actual call volume costs.
Focus on Patient Care
The staff receives the extra assistance they need from the phone answering services for optometrists so that they may devote more time to patient care. Additionally, you may be sure that worried patients can contact your office when they do so most urgently because the service providers provide round-the-clock coverage.
Increasing the Office Efficiency
Since the third-party answering service will just take the message and then relay it to you, there is no additional work on your behalf. The calling service decreases the amount of time that doctors and receptionists spend on the phone while imposing no additional stress. Additionally, there is no need to be concerned about employees missing work or taking the day off.
A Good Alternative to Voicemail
A patient does not receive the prompt care they need when dealing with an automated menu or being put on hold. Callers are always greeted by a kind receptionist, day or night. They go closer to treatment since the call answering service makes sure they receive the necessary assistance which makes them a good alternative to voicemail.
After Hours Coverage
Whenever they need help, patients need it. Every call that comes in must be answered, even if you as a doctor or office manager is unable to take it. Medical answering services are available to assist your patients 365 days per year, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Why an Optometrist Should Invest in Call Answering Services?
An optometry office that outsources phone answering services benefits from more than simply patient call handling. A wide variety of services are available to optimize the performance of your office.
- Pre-screening – Agents may save your employees a tonne of time by performing the pre-screening procedure before an appointment for an eye test because they are trained to execute best practices.
- Your virtual receptionist – Your current personnel is augmented by call agents, who collaborate to manage office duties most effectively.
- Appointment scheduling – The call answering services update your current calendar software in real-time and send reminders, as well as cancel, change, and schedule new appointments.
- Emergency coverage – The call answering services provided by platforms like VA.care are staffed with representatives who know how to triage patients, forward calls to doctors who are on call, and send emergency notifications per your choices. This is advantageous for an optometrist since it allows them to remain accessible even after hours and protects their valuable spare time from unneeded disruptions.
- Managing calls – When your employees are unavailable or preoccupied with other responsibilities, answering services automatically handle incoming calls. Incoming calls are always professionally answered and promptly forwarded to your office, regardless of whether the caller is making a referral, conducting an eye test, correcting lenses, or fitting spectacles.
How To Choose the Best Call Answering Services?
You cannot take any decision haphazardly, extensive research is extremely crucial. Take these following tips into consideration to choose the best call answering services.
- Check the company’s previous work experience
It’s critical to take the experience of the organization into account when selecting the best phone answering services for your optometry practice.
- Understand their technology
The call answering services you hire will be responsible for your company’s telephone calls, voicemails and messages. It is important to understand what telephone technology the call answering service uses before hiring one because it could impact whether or not they can provide enough coverage when necessary.
- Customer support
Call answering services give businesses the chance to boost sales and improve customer satisfaction. There are numerous calls assistant or answering service companies on the market right now, but you must pick one that always provides outstanding customer service.
How VA.care Can Help You in Improving Your Optometrists Practice?
A pioneer in the field of virtual assistants developed VA.care We chose to focus on the demands of virtual assistants in the healthcare industry after improving the workflows of virtual assistants in the corporate world.
Let’s see how VA.care’s virtual assistants for optometrists can do for you-
The best virtual office assistants for optometrists are capable of handling all the clinical tasks that a normal in-person office assistant performs, including:
- Answering calls, messages, or texts
- Attending to patients before gathering their basic health information, such as name, age, weight, and heart rate, as well as recording their prior medical history, will help you understand the present diagnosis better. They are quite effective in carrying out all tasks
The act of gathering patient information and then organizing, managing, and updating them is a burden for many medical professionals. It eats up valuable time that could be used for caring for a patient or attention to other urgent issues. Virtual assistants free up the doctor’s time and can be far more productive both at work and outside of it.
Good Customer Service
The reputation of your clinic depends on its clients. Maintaining their satisfaction with your offerings is crucial. Maintaining thorough records enables you to get to know your patient better and better recall their medical history and past appointments. When customers see how well you remember their problems, they are satisfied with your services.
VA.care’s virtual assistant or call answering Services help to manage such activities more efficiently and effectively. Moreover, VA.care’s virtual assistants are HIPAA trained and ensure assistance of 40 hours a week to manage all the optometrists-related tasks.