Doctors and nurses have so much more to do these days, thanks to the pandemic. As a result, their workload has increased, and staff already working long hours are hard-pressed to keep up with the demands of balancing the needs of the business with the requirements of their patients. As a result, doctors don’t have as much time with patients as they would like, so the VA.care aided Remote Scribe comes in handy. There are several benefits of remote scribes, some of which are stated below
1. IMPROVED REVENUE – Remote Medical scribes provided by VA.care are professionally trained to comprehensively document the encounter in real-time, often allowing for the meeting to be coded for higher reimbursement. There are several financial benefits to using remote scribes. The most immediate bonus comes in a reduced wage bill each month – the holy grail of financial management for any organization. These remote scribes come with technically no overheads attached compared to those scribes who require space, no real estate tensions, equipment, and amenities, making a real difference to the accounts every month. In addition, these savings provide the doctors with the opportunity to invest more into improving their practice.
2. QUALITY HEALTHCARE – VA.care sent remote medical scribes are real-time savers. With a remote scribe provided by VA.care, the doctors can finally concentrate on management, publishing, and, more importantly, seeing more patients. Thus, it ultimately improves the quality of healthcare provided to the patients.
3. SEE MORE PATIENTS– Another benefit for you and your patients is less time spent in the waiting room. Having a Remote Medical Scribe to handle many of the duties between patients allows doctors to get to patients sooner, so they spend less time in the waiting room before and after appointments, resulting in more and more patients.
4. IMPROVED MIPS PAYMENTS– The remote scribes provided by VA.care ensure that quality measures are tracked and reported. Remote Medical Scribes can increase revenue for practice through better coding, hitting quality Initiatives, adherence, and reporting of MIPS.
5. ADHERENCE TO COVID-19 SAFETY REGULATIONS– Everybody in the USA strictly follows the social distancing protocol during the pandemic. People/patients prefer not to visit outdoors as much as possible. VA.care fully understands and respects the patients’ apprehension and the doctors’ workload during such times. Thus the remote medical scribes provided by VA.care come as a blessing. Since they are not present in the clinic, there is one less person in the room; yet they can work and aid the doctors from far-off places.
6. EFFICIENT ANCILLARY WORKLOAD– Most doctors go to medical school because they want to focus their time and energy on helping people, treating them, and not documenting charts on a computer. With a remote medical scribe, the doctor can focus entirely on the patient, knowing that the documentation is being created in real-time on their behalf.
7. STREAMLINE PROCESS– Charting gets done during the visit by the remote medical scribes, which means the invoices can be sent and received promptly, allowing you to get paid faster. In addition, the remote medical scribe takes notes for you while focusing solely on hearing the patient and understanding their problems.
8. PATIENT SATISFACTION – Patients often report feeling like their doctor is paying more attention to a computer screen than the patient. Patients whose doctors use a remote medical scribe tend to report higher satisfaction due to the doctor being able to focus their time, energy, and attention on the patient and not the computer.
9. MAKING EVERY SECOND COUNT– Doctors love spending time with their patients, but they hate paperwork. Typically, patient charting is done after the visit and can take some time to finish. It can be very tedious as well. A remote medical scribe can perform this word during the patient’s visit, cutting down the time it takes to complete each chart, freeing up more time for other tasks.
10. WORK-LIFE BALANCE – Electronic health records have led to an increase in documentation time, often leading to the doctor’s burnout, lower patient satisfaction, and an impact on revenue. Remote Medical scribes relieve the documentation burden, allowing doctors to recover more than 2 hours on average each workday and get home earlier, with no charting to do. Hiring a Remote Medical Scribe from VA.care allows you, doctors, to focus entirely on the patient, knowing that someone else is doing the charting and will handle the other needed tasks.